Friday, January 18, 2008

sympathy pains?

this week has been pretty low key... since our recent knee surgery we've been watching the first two seasons of Dexter and eating tons of comfort food. ok - i didn't have surgery, but my roommate did and i'm starting to believe in sympathy pains. my roommate tore his meniscus during one of our Piedmont Park field days back in November and finally had the clean up surgery. since i was beginning to hate myself for the number of cookies i'd eaten and the number of hours spent sedentary, i forced myself to check out a spin class. believe it or not, my knee was sore the whole hour.

to be perfectly honest, the weather here has been pretty awful this week and i've felt like a wuss. it has been cold and wet, which are both surprising for Atlanta these days, and even more surprising is the fact that we had snow! for the past couple months i had been planning on going to Macon this weekend for the Thompson Appreciation Day but with my friends having other plans and the weather not cooperating i've put the idea to the back of my mind. i was planning on trading in my Thompson winnings from the Tumbling Creek race a few months ago for a new seat post... i'll just mail it in with my condolenses... in a sad turn of events, the man of the weekend, Ronnie Thompson, passed away last week and now the birthday party is a memorial service.

Atlanta is supposed to get more snow tomorrow which could be fun and i guess as a concession we were given a really nice afternoon today. i made a list, pulled out the beater and enjoyed getting some errands done. i even cashed in my winnings from last month’s Faster Mustache Toys For Tots race at Outback. i finally replaced my crushed Giro helmet with an LAS Kripton. it looks fancier and is likely much more safe than my cracked helmet but I’m sure it won’t make me look any less like a tool. point is, it's always fun to play in traffic on a beautiful Friday afternoon.

*********************************************************

IN MORE EXCITING NEWS... i’m officially going to Arizona for the first time!

i’m meeting some friends next month for 24HoursofOldPueblo!!

Thursday, February 14, 2008
US Airways # 617
Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson ATL (ATL) to Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl (PHX)
Departure (ATL): February 14, 7:29 PM EST (evening)
Arrival (PHX): February 14, 10:00 PM MST (evening)

i guess i’ll have to buy my bike some chocolates.

i just hope our knee has recovered by then.

No comments: