Friday, February 1, 2008

ready or not?

i'm about as ready as i'm going to be. Snake08 version 2.0 is tomorrow. i rode hard last weekend. i recovered. i spent a freezing night at the velodrome. unfortunately that was cut a little short since i left any base layer at home and lost feeling in my fingers and toes... i even spent some time spinning the 'wheels' while it was raining outside. iPod is charged. my bike is clean and dialed in (i hope).

with all of the details leading up to race day covered (like a true amature), now i need to worry about the actual race. good thing i have a strategy... i've never worn a heart monitor, i don't wear a watch and my bike isn't fitted with a computer or GPS. so, this is my master plan... my goals... same as they ever were...

1- Ride hard.
2- Always be working to pass someone.
3- Improve on previous time.

goals 1 and 2 will be up to me and my riding style and effort. goal 3 is a little harder to quantify until it's too late. since the only technology i'll be toting on the trail is my iPod it will have to serve as my coach. thats why i came up with this:


**click to enlarge

this is the same playlist used for Snake08 version 1. all i really remember which may help me set a pace is that i was on a long forest service road climb when Les Savy Fav - Pots and Pans came on. i remember yelling along with "NO NO NO" & "THIS TOUR IS A TEST" just to take my mind off of the climb. so... i will need to be finished with that climb before that song comes on to know that i'm faster than my previous pace. unfortunately that is right before the mid point of the course so i don't have pace setting landmarks for the second half... i need to finish the course before TV on The Radio!

now it's time to stuff my belly with some tasty carbos...

**feel free to copy this playlist. it may make you faster, happier or maybe even sad. i have no idea... i just snagged some songs off of some of my favorite albums i was into last year and shuffled them.

1 comment:

kat said...

You have good taste in music.